Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sometimes we just have to scrape & scrape the old chipped parts of ourselves, to make way for something new and brighter!

This past weekend,
I decided to repaint Collette's playhouse in the backyard.
The paint is chipping and needs a fresh new look for Spring.

The "old" Shelby would have
just started painting right away,
but,
I took my time.
I knew if I didn't take off the old, chipped paint..
the new paint job wouldn't stay or look as nice.



It is a long, tedious project..
but 
as I spent the afternoon
scraping away at the old paint.
I couldn't help 
but
think of how it reflects my own life.

As I try to become a more faithful, Christ like follower.
God is having me evaluate each layer of myself.
He wants us to identify our "icky" layers
that need to be chipped away
and 
make into something new, something brighter.
A better version of ourselves.

It isn't an easy job.
It takes lots of work.
We must not get frustrated.

Sometimes the old  "paint" comes off right away..
other times,
the "old paint" need lots of work & scraping.
Over & Over..Over & over
You continually work at that most difficult "section"

Sometimes you just want to give up and paint over it,
but
you know it will always be there..
Under the new stuff
&
Eventually it will peak it's ugly head through.

You must face it & work at it.

For me, personally, I still have a lot of scraping to do.
Layers of Yuck that need to be worked on.
The more I scrape,
the more room I have for something brighter and new.

For me personally.
I am quick to react, quick to anger.
I have no patience.
Its the "icky" layer of me.

I'm working on it.
I'm praying about it.
I'm scraping away, trying to get rid of the yuck.
 
As for me.
I'm still scraping.
Sometimes, I can slowly see it moving away..
other times,
the "icky" parts look me square in the face to remind me they are still there.

I cannot be discouraged.
I know a finished product takes times.
So, I'll keep scraping
&
scraping!

As for the playhouse.
It's complete & painted.
Took me all day but it came out looking really nice!

When all was said and done,
I showed "dear hubby" the completed version and he says
"Looks nice, but I think this weekend I am building her a brand new one..
With a slide & Fireman's pole & deck..
We can bring this one to the dump!"

"the unpainted version"
Oh....Okay..
That's my luck...

Love ya,
Shelby

P.S. If you guys are looking for an adorable planter..
Check out this awesome, affordable galvanized planter :)
Just ordered one!
Galvanized metal planter

No comments:

Post a Comment