Tuesday, April 5, 2016

..It's Super & Fabulous & Messy all rolled into One!

HaPpY TuEsDaY...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but..
It is Looking a little gloomy outside.
I miss the sun.
The warmth, the light, the happiness.
 The sun has a way of just making people feel better!

On these gloomy days, I can't help but eat and veg out.
Watching a few of my favorite shows, scoping out Pinterest, & checking on facebook.

I start dreaming about Spring & things I want to accomplish.
My oldest son will be 17 years old & right now he really wants nothing to do with me.
However,
I still want to cherish these last few years of "home togetherness"
and 
tackle my
 "Spring Family Fun List..On a budget!"
and
this weather
is putting a big damper on it.

So, I would hope Spring would show up soon.
 Who is with me?

Here is my Spring Bucket List...
Hope you can get some ideas & feel free to share your Bucket list items with all of us!

#1. Fishing in the dark: 
"you & me go fishing in the dark!"
We have a little trout fishing boat & usually there is not room for me. 
(insert sad face here)
The boat is packed with boys & gear!
I usually never put up much of a fight..
However,
this Spring
Little Collette & I are going to squeeze are little bums in
and have a night
Fishing in the dark!

#2. Kayaking
I guess you could say I'm not the most coordinated women in the planet.
Trying to figure out ways to paddle a Kayak gets me a little frustrated.
However,
If I can pass Nursing School 
(inserting tubes into small areas)
I know that I can figure Kayaking out.
I have always wanted to Kayak into uncharted territory with the family in tow!


 #3. Golfing with My Main Man...Jacob
As I mentioned before, "dear son" is turning 17 and he has a passion for everything golf.
Guess you could say, it runs in the family.
Since raising kids, you could say I kind of gave up on the sport.
However,
this year I want to give golfing a try again!
My son has a competitive spirit, as do I, so I'm up for the challenge

#4.  Giving Hiking/ Rock Climbing a Try.
This past Winter, "dear hubby" and I were in Arizona for work. 
He encouraged me to give Mountain Climbing a try.
With hesitation, I strapped on the "tenner shoes" and started hiking.
I thought we were all the way up when I look around the corner to find it wasn't even half done.
My anxiety started to play tricks on me and I thought I couldn't complete it.
However,
"dear hubby" help me through my fears and we made it up together.

  FYI...even though I'm smiling, I was so out of breath & my legs were shaking like jello.
I started to think, what happens if I'm up here and I have to go to the bathroom?
There are no porta potties? 
I'm sorry TMI...LOL :)

 Last, But not Least

#5. Dance in the Rain with Collette
It's so free & exhilerating.
Like you are a kid again.
There's not a care in the world & the kids just can't believe you are okay with it.
...Just try it, trust me~
Splash in the puddles & twirl around..You won't regret it!
Well maybe when it's time to go inside & your all wet and muddy and the kids track it all in...
In all reality...
It's super & fabulous & messy all rolled into one.
     
Isn't that kind of like Life...
Super & Fabulous & messy...
all rolled into one!

Take Care...& Happy Spring!!
Shelby

*Don't forget to give Altobelli Peterson Construction a call for all your siding, roofing, decking, door, and window needs!
Our number is 1-218-744-3350!

No comments:

Post a Comment