Thursday, April 28, 2016

DIY Magnet Board in case you (misplace) the baseball tryout sign up

Spring Has Sprung...
For me, that means fun projects...
For hubby that means "more projects and more work!"!

But Last year...
He had a great solution for a problem we had!

Come along & check it out!

I need a solution for a recent problem I had.
No room for important notes/events.
Can you relate?

Do you ever run out of room to hang important notes & events?
Do you lack space to hang that beautiful artwork your child brought home from school?
Do you ever misplace the "baseball tryout form"...Oopsie that was me!

Well,
I think I may have a solution!
I wanted to share with you our most recent home project.
 An affordable
 & 
easy
 Do-it-yourself Magnet Board Project!

My husband may not agree with you on the "easy", but watching him it appeared easy.

Here are the Steps for a Perfect DIY Magnet Board

 Step 1: Find the Perfect Space
You need to find a place that has some room.
Remember, you can make this as big or small as you want.
 We used out back entry,
 it is hidden and usually the "dump zone" when we get home.

Step 2: Gather supplies
*24 gauge galvanized steel
My husband has this at his shop & cut it for me!
If you are interested in a piece you can message me!
Or..
I'm sure our local home improvement stores carry it.
*trim pieces
(we used pre-painted white trim)
*Nails

 Step 3: Put it together
My "dear hubby" after no fighting
Kindly
~nailed the galvanized steel on our wall
~Measured the trim to fit & cut
~Nailed trim to wall

(That's what I saw anyways...#haha)

Step 4: Hang Magnets
Find Your favorite magnets & important notes..
and
you are all set my friends!
A fun, easy, & affordable DIY magnet board!!
I better stop saying easy!
Courtesy of: "dear wife"
and
Installed by: "dear hubby" 

 

See the magnet...
Happy Wife, Happy Life!



You can even use erasable markers
&
Leave Little notes to your son.
I'm sure he just Looooovvvvveeessss that!



Added calendar, a few pics, and Jake's golf schedule!
Easy peasy Lemon Squeezy!

Enjoy your day!
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment